POWr is in search of a Data Analyst to join our team of super talented, enthusiastic and mildly quirky POWr Rangers. At POWr, we embrace a fast-moving, high energy, and ever-improving environment. We’re looking for a Data Analyst who thrives in a fast-paced culture, and enjoys working with a small but mighty team of some of the most talented minds in Silicon Valley.
As a Data Analyst, you’ll work closely with our leadership team, highlighting critical data to help us better understand and support our users. You’ll identify opportunities for strategic optimization through product analysis, and make informed proposals to lead team leaders and executives toward data-driven decisions.
Our Data Analyst is able to pull relevant data across a variety of databases and systems to achieve a high level analysis. Your ability to deliver actionable and insightful reporting and analysis across departments will guide our ship toward a stronger product and happy customers.
- Evaluate user needs, collect customer feedback, define technical problems, and work with engineering and product team to determine solutions.
- Assist product managers in doing product research and analyzing large user data sets.
- Leverage data and analytics across the company, finding opportunities for improvement and growth
- Work closely with department leads to identify strategic opportunities and develop best practices
- Establish governing processes for collection and application of metrics
- Be the driver of analytical rigor, leading the team toward data-informed decisions
- Navigate through small and large data sets, communicating problems and solutions to necessary team members.
Experience and Skills
- Spreadsheets, Google Analytics and data guru
- Comfortable with SQL, databases and/or business intelligence tools
- Experience with or willingness to learn Ruby on Rails
- Experience with startups or small, fast-moving companies
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts multiple audiences
- Due to the our hiring process, applicants must be Bay Area residents - no remote applicants at this time
- Starting annual salary of $67,000-$80,000
- Free daily lunch + all the snacks you could ever imagine
- 401k + free financial advising
- Competitive medical and dental plans
- Free weekly code school. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of front end coding if you’re interested in joining our free weekly class.
- Flexible work from home policy
- Unlimited PTO. We believe in working hard and playing hard.
- Annual overnight retreat to our favorite animal sanctuary hostel
- Access to our rooftop office in the heart of the Financial district, equipped with a classic startup-y game room and large outdoor patio